Using creativity to solve problems.
Creativity is defined as the tendency to generate or recognize ideas, alternatives, or possibilities that may be useful in solving problems.
Creative problem solving involves using your imagination and intuition to come up with ways to solve problems using your natural creative thinking.
The creative process involves being able to view things from a different perspective and the ability to generate new possibilities or alternatives.
The Creative Personality
Characteristics Of A Creative Person according to Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
- Creative individuals have a great deal of energy, but they are also often quiet and at rest.
- Creative individuals tend to be smart, yet also naive at the same time.
- Creative individuals have a combination of playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
- Creative individuals alternate between imagination and fantasy on one end, and rooted sense of reality at the other.
- Creative people seem to harbor opposite tendencies on the continuum between extroversion and introversion.
- Creative individuals are also remarkably humble and proud at the same time.
- Creative individuals to a certain extent escape rigid gender role stereotyping and have a tendency toward androgyny.
- Generally, creative people are thought to be rebellious and independent.
- Most creative persons are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well.
- The openness and sensitivity of creative individuals often exposes them to suffering pain yet also a great deal of enjoyment.
As you can tell the creative person is a walking dichotomy. By being creative the individual is able to view circumstances through different lenses or points of view.
As a result creative people are excellent problem solvers and innovators in our society.
Creative people experience the world in their own original way and they generally have fresh perceptions, insightful judgments, and make important discoveries that only they know about.
Just think about Einstein, Newton, Picasso and Edison to name a few of the famous ones.
Why Do We Need To Be Creative
One of the most valuable uses for creativity is the ability to solve simple or complex problems.
Life is uncertain and the ability to problem solve quickly can not only save you time but will also increase your personal confidence.
When I bought my current home it was a fixer-upper to say the least. Every room had to be re-conditioned due to neglect by the previous owner.
My home improvement skills were limited and so was my finances. I had to use creativity in order to repair my home without spending a lot of money.
Every project that I did I had a pre-conceived idea about how much money it would cost me to repair it.
By using my own creativity I was able to do every project way under budget saving me money that I could use to do other projects.
One example would be that I decided to stucco my living room and dining room ceiling. Stucco ceilings look like stalactites hanging from the ceiling and it’s less work doing it this way than finishing and sanding repeatedly.
Well I needed a stucco brush which I didn’t have and I also did not want to drive all the way to Home Depot and spend the money buying one.
What I did next was use some problem solving skills using creativity. I opened up myself to a solution and sure enough one came to me.
I had an extra push broom in the garage that I wasn’t using so I decided to remove the brush part from the stick handle and cut it in half using my chop saw.
This became my stucco brush and it worked perfectly.
Universal Laws Of Creation.
There is also a Universal form of creation that you may or may not understand. These are known as the four laws of creation. These are Universal laws that apply Absolutely and can NOT be broken?
The Four Laws Of Creation according to Bashar: Bashar YouTube
1. You exist and in some form you always will (physical death is not the end)
2. The one is the all the all are the one (we appear to be separate individuals but we are all one)
3. What you put out is what you get back ( this is known as karma/cause and effect/boomerang theory)
4. Change is the only constant except for the first three laws ( impermanence)
Being creative is similar to being like God. We are all creators all of the time. The question is do we consciously create our life or do we unconsciously live it?
If you are anything like me you would choose to consciously participate in the creation of your life. Many of us think that we are in control of our creations but how many of our creations are mere reactions to something or someone else.
Let’s begin today to actively participate in the art of creativity. Let me know some of the ways or manners that you have personally chosen to use your creativity.
Having some challenges in your life? Try a consultation with me. Click Here