“We are put on this earth to have a good time. This makes other people feel good. And the cycle continues.” – Wolfman Jack
In light of the seemingly never ending negativity that is permeating in our World I thought I would write this post.
I must confess, even though I am committed to staying in the positive zone as much as I can, I still get knocked down the emotional ladder from time to time.
That probably has something to do with me being a “Type A Personality.”
Granted, even with the best intentions it is quite a challenge to stay positive in a world that tries its hardest to view life from a negative perspective. Undoubtedly negativity can and will attach itself to you in some way, shape, or form.
Can you feel good about yourself all the time?
No, but you can learn skills that can help you feel good more than not.
Can you feel better immediately after a break up?
But you can allow yourself to explore and experience the darker emotions that you have.
So, without further ado here is my list of random ways to feel good now.
- Stop everything you are doing and just be still. If you find your mind is resisting this then you can doodle on a piece of paper to distract yourself for a while.
- Remember this: Your life experience on Earth is not a kindergarten class for Consciousness, the experience of being a human on Earth is a “Spiritual Master Class.” Rejoice in the knowledge that you took on one of the toughest physical planes of existence that is imaginable.
- We all end our physical journey eventually so why not take a big, deep breath and let go of the drama for a while. We can always resume our drama at a later point.
- Act wacky in public. Yes, this really does get people out of their zombie like state for a few moments. Do something wacky that doesn’t impede on someone else’s good time though.
- Climb a tree, walk barefoot in the sand or feed the ducks or geese at a pond.
- Go somewhere you’ve always wanted to go. See something you’ve always wanted to see. Meet someone you’ve always wanted to meet.
- Do something nice for someone else. Anything at all.
- Know that life is a journey and nothing “bad” that is happening now will matter to you ten years from now.
- The next time it rains, go run around in it for a few minutes. But remember to keep your clothes on this time.
- Take an afternoon nap outdoors in a hammock. Yes, the world will go on if you decide to take an hour or four slumbering in your outdoor bed. Taking an afternoon nap has been proven to reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
- Let go of anyone or anything that no longer serves you. This can range from people, to habits, to jobs, or any other obligation that you feel is not contributing to your well-being. You didn’t come here to suffer; you didn’t come here to be miserable. You may not feel good doing this in the moment, but eventually you will.
- Go one day without judging someone else’s behavior. I know this will be a bit of a challenge for some of you, but you will be amazed once you realize the judgments you have for others you also have for yourself. Let em go!
You came here to be yourself 100%.
You are not broken; you are not defective, because Creation does not make defective products. You are awesome just the way you are. Learn it, know it, live it, remember it.
“There is only the understanding of the thing that needs to be taught to every child on the planet, and that is the knowledge that every single individual on this planet is already powerful as he or she needs to be to create any reality desired, without having to hurt yourself, or anyone else, to get it. That’s how powerful you are.” – Bashar