The internet and bookstores are chocked full of advice and how to’s in regards to personal growth. The challenge that I always had was that the authors spoke in terms of what they did.
Human beings are generally the same yet we are not all wired the same or even learn the same therefore we cannot teach the same.
This is the problem that I always had with traditional school systems, Education is not a one size fits all model. If you notice with my posts I write a lot about the human body and the nature of reality besides posts on personal development.
My goal is to give you the groundwork with what you are working with, You. It is important to me that we know the nature of our reality (law of attraction as an example) and how the body works to speed up personal growth.
We can’t learn much just by reading what other personal development gurus are doing because we are reading about their story, not ours. I often find myself more entertained while reading books than educated. I’m all about learning something new and more importantly useful, that excites me.
On a side note. I have noticed that most personal development gurus offer personal one on one coaching as a way to better connect with each student. To me this would be a better alternative than just passively reading a book and hoping that my life will change.
Mazzastick.com has topics that tell you how to achieve something, topics that are purely for inspirational purposes, topics that make you think, and some are about things that make you wonder what I have smoked.
My blog is a reflection of me. I don’t have a dedicated aim or focus other than to write and share with you the reader. I do my best to keep the topics related to personal and spiritual growth but I am not afraid to go outside of the box either.
Generalities From The Experts
We have a lot of generalities about what to do to achieve something and the truth is that this only works for some people some of the time. We all know that we shouldn’t use tobacco because it is bad for our health yet my Great-Grandmother chewed tobacco until the day she died. She was 97 when she passed over.
The main goal of Mazzastick.com is not to tell you only how to grow personally, even though I do write posts like that, the goal is to help you to understand yourself including your body, mind and understanding our reality. Knowing yourself first is the foundation for personal growth.
Without it you will endlessly seek out others who have achieved success and try to emulate them with minimal results. Why? Because we don’t know how their mind works and what they think about. We don’t know their inner selves, we only know what they display to the world. Successful people tend to keep their success secrets close to the vest ya know.
Trying to be someone else will never work in the long run because you are trying. Being yourself is easy because it comes naturally to you. So learn what makes you tick, what excites you, what frustrates you, how your brain works and how your body works. At least, that is what I would do.
Answer These Questions To Get To Know Yourself Better
You can answer these out loud or write them down.
- What really excites me about life?
- What makes me angry about life?
- Where am I most comfortable?
- Where am I least comfortable?
- Do I believe that there is life beyond the five senses?
- Do I believe in God or Source energy?
- Do I genuinely care about others or do I only care about myself?
- Is money and survival the foundation of our earthly existence?
- Do I realize that when I die I take NOTHING with me but myself?
- Am I here to primarily take or to primarily give?
These questions are non-judgmental and there are no wrong answers. What theses questions are designed to do is to make you more aware of who you are. These questions should get your mind going, get you thinking, make you become more aware of who you are.
Since I was a kid I had always used questions directed to “the self” as a way to find out what was going on with me subconsciously. Being an empath I am very aware of my feelings and that of others. Whenever I am feeling in a lower vibrational state but am not totally sure exactly why I feel this way I ask myself questions.
Eventually I am able to get to the root of the limiting belief and yank it out by the roots by challenging the validity of it.
To know yourself is your most important task in life and more importantly to act from what you know about yourself. Once you know/remember who you are and what you are doing here, life will begin to unfold exactly as you meant it to. It is a matter of order.
A Helpful Tip
If you find yourself repeating life patterns that are limiting in nature I suggest that you stop right where you are and get the “lesson.” Once you get the lesson, the experience will disappear. You will be telling the Universe, “OK, I see what I need to do now, I got the lesson, I understand the message.” Let’s grow from our lessons so we can move much quicker in our lives.
I’ll give you an example of how this works. Let’s say that you continually find yourself with less money every month. The bill collectors are calling, you barely have enough to feed yourself and you are cashing in your coins to get groceries.
I don’t know about you but I do not want to experience life this way, so here is what I would do.
- Find creative ways to create more income like starting an online income stream.
- Eliminate unnecessary things like magazine subscriptions, premium movie packages and eating out.
- Begin a savings plan. 10% is a general rule of thumb. Be willing to take a dime out of every dollar that you earn. This will be challenging in the beginning because you are not used to not having the extra 10%. Trust me that with time and active participation your mind will adjust and you will be grateful to yourself for having done it.
- Start a vegetable garden. Literally pennies for fresh produce right in your backyard.
- Shop for goods at yard sales, garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores. You will be paying pennies on the dollar which means keeping extra money in your wallet.
- Never ever pay the retail price for anything. If you can’t get something at the price that you want than be willing to walk away. I do this all the time.
- Be thrifty during the week. Most people work Monday through Friday so find ways to do fun activities at home after work. This way when the weekend comes you will have some extra play money to have some fun with.
- Keep a coffee can at home that is used to save your loose change. You will be surprised that a regular sized coffee can can hold anywhere from $30-$60. This can be used as an emergency fund.
- Barter and trade with other people.
- Be conscious of how you spend your money. Your money is your energy. Money is limited as well as your energy. (I am speaking in human physical terms). Every time that you spend your money stop and think about how much of your time and energy it took to earn that money. It can take us a week to earn $600 and it can be spent in a few minutes. If this fact alone doesn’t make you value your time, energy and money than I don’t know what will.